Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Femara

IAfter a year of being on Femara and a 6 month break from all fertility treatments we decided to try again. I am a little scared because it wrecks havoc on my body. They said my PCOS is more androgen driven than insulin. I have always been so sensitive to medication that for a long time I thought I didn't have PCOS just hormonally vulnerable. Or you can call it denial either works! 🙈 Femara changes your hormones, it was originally given to breast cancer patients to help remove estrogen that feeds breast cancer cells. I had horrible unrelenting migraines that two imitrex would hardly touch. I had never experienced being so tired...it was so deep I felt it in my bones. It was partly due to falling asleep and waking up with a migraine I am sure. So this water drinking,  hold the butter girl turned into diet coke sugar free candy eating girl. I felt like I had lost my identity. I stopped working out which was ocd for me prior. My hair was falling out rapidly! Then the last month we tried on Femara they doubled my dose and put me on a steroid. I was terrified to say the least. I was breaking out with acne, hair falling out, migraine tired mess! I would boob to my husband that I was going to be the "hairless hairdresser" 😭😭😂😂 as funny as it was to say and joke I really would at times have mental breakdowns!


Cuddling this Sunday having a movie marathon together. Love this boy so much. He has always supported me and loved me unconditionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment