Friday, July 8, 2011

Much Needed VACA!

VACATION LAKE POWELL!
  Brandon and I went to Lake Powell with some of Brandon's family. We stayed on a house boat which was great when it got hot outside they had A/C which I have never loved so much in my life! Brandon and I of course got a great sun burn not so much tan but hey beggars can't be choosers! We wore lots of sunscreen but there is no winning in Southern Utah. Brandon went wake boarding and he learned how to surf behind the boat it was awesome! It was beautiful down there.

When we first started fishing there were little kids chumming the water throwing in food and they easily caught a carp fish. Brandon was about 100 yards away and we couldn't catch one to save our life! Luckily the next day we were able to catch one that night and then lots the day after that when it started raining. I almost had given up! Luckily I had a good book! I like a little more action and I had to cast out my pole until it got caught and broke off. I am so glad I have a patient and loving husband!
This sand hill we climbed all the way to the top. Talk about a good work out! Running down it was so much fun it felt weird to slide and bounce down. Afterwards we all went swimming. I have never felt water so warm! In this photo on the tube is Skyler, Tyson and Skyler's friend.
 Brandon and I stopped at the grocery store before heading out to the boat and I found this cake there. Really? Who would want to eat a CAKE that looks like a BURGER? Polar Opposites! This is so funny!
The night we came home Brandon made me banana crepes! Yum! It tasted great & I always appreciate and love it when he makes me dinner.
Brandon Price, the Farmer's Insurance guy right next to Grease Monkey was moving and they were getting rid of this table. I was AMAZED! What a blessing!! I just got called to Friendship Committee and I am suppose to set up dinner dates with couples in the ward. Only problem we didn't have a table but I figured we would figure something out. That's when a week later we got this. FOR FREE! What a beautiful wood table, in great condition too. It also came with an insert as well! We were glad to have such good friends!

1 comment:

  1. SUCH a cute table!! Seriously im so jealous. Looks like you have been busy having fun!!-Jill

    ReplyDelete